Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription to a larger suite of programs that includes enhanced functionality and the most up-to-date features. Office 365 is the standard version installed on all York University-owned computers. For more info, click here!
There are only a few circumstances where Office 2016 or Office 2019 would be required for University-owned computers over Office 365. For example:
- The computer is not always connected to the network
- The computer is used by a guest who is not affiliated with York University and who may not have a Passport York account
- The computer has additional plug-ins, macros or other 3rd party tools or software that require Office 2016 or 2019, and is not compatible with Office 365
The group naming convention has been changed to use the following prefix:
<Dept Abbreviation> followed by a dash “-”
The department abbreviation is dependent on the department the user creating the group belongs to. For example, if a UIT staff member creates a Team called “Projects”, the group name will be “UIT-Projects”.
This convention helps:
- Identify what department or faculty created the group
- Categorize groups in the address book
- Improve searches related to a department or faculty
- To allow multiple departments to have unique names for common groups (LAPS-Deans Office, EDU-Deans Office, etc.)
Getting the wrong prefix, or want a different one? Contact email@example.com
Prior to your departure from the University, you should coordinate with your manager and provide copies of critical documents stored in your OneDrive or email. Your account is recoverable for a period of no more than 30 days from the date your affiliation with the University ends.